As always, the safety of our students and staff are top priority. In alignment with CDC and State of Pennsylvania, the Yocum Institute is implementing safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, which includes:
- Properly fitted Masks covering the nose and mouth are required for all students and anyone onsite at Yocum for ages 2+.
- For children 6+ parents are asked to drop-off without entering the building. If there is a special exception needed, please speak with your teacher.
- Students should show up ready for class without the need to change in the bathrooms. If attending a dance or karate class, please arrive dressed in the appropriate attire (carry in your dance shoes.)
- Staff and Faculty are required to sanitize studios (door handles, sinks, tables, equipment, supplies) both before and after use.
- Class sizes are limited based on studio size in order to maintain CDC recommended social distancing and current PA Dept. of Health occupancy mandates.
- Waiting areas have limited capacity and is posted.
- Materials/ surfaces are not shared without proper CDC recommended cleaning of them in-between use.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the building.
- Movement in hallways, bathrooms, etc. is timed as best as possible to keep groups separated and spaced.
- Faculty is screened daily for signs and symptoms of Covid-19 using the CDC checklist before they may enter the program.
- Staff members are required to stay home if they are feeling ill and/ or if they are directly exposed to anyone with Covid-19.
- Staff and students will practice good hand hygiene. Washing hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, including before and after classes/lessons.
- The building will be professionally cleaned daily, which includes being sprayed using a professional cleaning mister which uses an EPA registered disinfectant to kill some of the most dangerous, disease-causing pathogens, including COVID-19, MRSA, Norovirus, Influenza (including H1N1), Hepatitis, E.coli, Streptococcus, Salmonella, and even Tuberculosis. This product is food safe, non-toxic, and can be applied to all surfaces—even food preparation areas.
- Unless in a personal office with a closed door, Staff are required to wear a mask as directed by CDC/ State guidelines.
- If a student is ill or exhibits symptoms of Covid 19, the student will be moved to the isolated designated area, parent will be called and will arrive for pick up ASAP. The student will not be permitted to return without a doctor’s note.
- In the event that a student or staff member test positive for Covid 19 or is suspected of having Covid 19, families and staff will be notified while maintaining confidentiality. Yocum is also responsible to notify local health officials, staff and families of exposure or confirmed case while maintaining confidentiality.
Current as of February 19, 2021