As always, the safety of our students and staff are top priority. In alignment with CDC and State of Pennsylvania, the Yocum Institute is implementing safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, which includes:
- The building will be professionally cleaned daily, which includes being sprayed using a professional cleaning mister which uses an EPA registered disinfectant to kill some of the most dangerous, disease-causing pathogens, including COVID-19, MRSA, Norovirus, Influenza (including H1N1), Hepatitis, E.coli, Streptococcus, Salmonella, and even Tuberculosis. This product is food safe, non-toxic, and can be applied to all surfaces—even food preparation areas.
- Between the thorough cleanings by our nightly service, we will have staff dedicated to frequently cleaning and disinfecting high touch-point surfaces throughout each day, such as waiting rooms, restrooms, all studios spaces, handrails, tables, faucets, doorknobs, and shared equipment.
- Staff are required to wear a mask as directed by CDC/ State guidelines.
- Mask are required for students ages 2+.
- Staff are screened daily for signs and symptoms of Covid-19 using the CDC checklist before they may enter the program.
- Staff members are required to stay home if they are feeling ill and/ or if they are directly exposed to anyone with Covid-19.
- Staff and students will practice good hand hygiene. Washing hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, including before and after classes/lessons.
- Hand sanitizing station will be installed at our main entrance.
- Studios will be equipped with cleaning supplies and sanitizer.
- Staff will be required to sanitize studios (door handles, sinks, tables, equipment, supplies) both before and after use..
- Class sizes will be limited based on studio size in order to maintain CDC recommended social distancing.
- There will be no shared materials/ surfaces without proper CDC recommended cleaning of them in-between use.
- For children 6+ parents will be asked to drop-off without entering the building. Except in cases of special need, please speak to your teacher.
- Students should show up ready for class without the need to change in the bathrooms. If attending a dance or karate class please arrive dressed in the appropriate attire (carry in your dance shoes.)
- Movement in hallways, bathrooms, etc. will be timed to keep groups separated with appropriate separation and disinfection.
Prior to classes and camps beginning, all staff will participate in a training on Coronavirus Precautions and Prevention.This training will include both Yocum Institute prevention policies based on CDC and State Guidelines as well as information from outside resources on signs and symptoms.
We are very appreciative of your support and patience as we work through this unprecedented situation.
Department Specific Covid-19 Mitigation Procedures
VISUAL ART CLASSES AND PRIVATE LESSONS
- Class sizes will be determined by studio and project content to ensure that there is enough room to practice social distancing while being able to work appropriately within the studio. Therefore, class sizes will be limited to 8 students maximum per class. Clay classes will be limited to 6 students.
- Students will be given their own bin with supplies to use for the duration of the class so that supplies are not mixed together. At the end of the session, supplies will be cleansed.
- Group/ Class size is limited to 12 or less students.
- With the exception of dance classes in camps, participants have a dedicated room that allows for us to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Choreography will be modified for appropriate social distancing.
- Cleaning of ballet bars and floors will be done between each class.
- Guidance for competition dance teams will be communicated separately.
EAST COAST KARATE
- Instruction will be modified for appropriate social distancing.
- Cleaning of equipment and floors will be done between each class.
- Class sizes will be limited. Families will receive a separate communication.
MUSIC CLASSES AND PRIVATE MUSIC LESSONS
- Vocal Teachers and students are not required to wear a mask during their lesson but need to strictly adhere to the 6 ft. distancing measures.
- All students and teachers will be 6 feet from one another while the lesson is going on.
- All music books and personal instruments will stay in the possession of students and will not be handled by the teachers.
- Staff will clean pianos between lessons.