As always, the safety of our students and staff are top priority. In alignment with CDC and State of Pennsylvania, the Yocum Institute is implementing safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, please visit yocuminstitute.org/covid-19 to view our Covid-19 Mitigation Procedures.
Fall Classes Now Enrolling – View Full Catalog
In May of 2018, The Yocum Institute’s Dance Department merged with the Academy of Movement (AOM), formerly located in Sinking Spring, to develop a level of dance programming unlike any other. The combination of dance programs will provide opportunities to dance students of all ages and levels of experience from toddlers to adults. Every genre of dance is represented. Students can opt to take one day masterclasses, camps, and workshops to semester long classes that will culminate with a recital.
Jennifer Caputo, previously the Director of the Academy of Movement, has taken on the role of the Yocum Institute dance department director. Caputo has been leading dance and teaching choreography for the past 15 years. She is a graduate of West Chester University with a BS in Kinesiology and a minor in Dance. She holds a Master’s Degree in Education from Alvernia University and is a full-time teacher in the Wilson School District teaching Health, Physical Education, and Dance.
Classes offered for all ages and all levels in:
Reminder: No street shoes in dance studios.
Families can opt to pay by the semester or make monthly payments.
Extreme Dancer Discount: New changes effective January 1, 2021
Dancers who take more than 5 classes are eligible to receive the Extreme Dancer Discount. Students are responsible for the tuition for the 5 most expensive classes. Any classes beyond those 5 are free. FAMILIES MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING FORM PRIOR TO REGISTERING TO RECEIVE THE DISCOUNT. The form must be completed in full using the EXACT titles of all of the classes that you are registering for. Extreme Dancer cannot register online and the discount will NOT be applied retroactively.. The form must be submitted and Yocum Institute staff will process the registrations manually. You will receive an email once the registrations have been processed. Payments will then be due through the Parent Portal.
You must register for all classes, including ones that will be considered free. Incomplete forms will not be processed.
2 student families are eligible but will pay for the first 7 classes
3 student families are eligible but will pay for the first 8 classes
4 student families are eligible but will pay for the first 9 classes
Private Instruction lessons are based on availability. You must request your lesson through this REQUEST FORM
- Students must be in the same style genre (rec or competition) class in order to be considered for private lessons. Private lessons should not be choreography based but rather an emphasis on technique, skill and showmanship.
- The first private lesson must be technique based instruction. The second private lesson session can incorporate choreography.
- Only one solo, per student, will be performed at Recital culminating the session. Recital performance is Optional.
- Private lesson priority will go to competition team members first and then the list will be filled based on availability of instructor, studio availability and genre specified.
- Private lesson fees must be paid in full to reserve the lesson date and time. Private lessons can not be discounted and are excluded from scholarships and extreme dancer discount programs.
Pricing Information per dancer