As always, the safety of our students and staff are top priority. In alignment with CDC and State of Pennsylvania, the Yocum Institute is implementing safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, please visit yocuminstitute.org/covid-19 to view our Covid-19 Mitigation Procedures.
The Academy of Movement (AOM) is a dance program unlike any other in Berks County. The combination of dance programs will provide opportunities to dance students of all ages and levels of experience from toddlers to adults. Every genre of dance is represented. Students can opt to take one day masterclasses, camps, and workshops to semester long classes that will culminate with a recital.
Jennifer Caputo, department head of the Academy of Movement of the Yocum Institute, has been leading dance and teaching choreography for the past 20 years. She is a graduate of West Chester University with a BS in Kinesiology and a minor in Dance. She holds a Master’s Degree in Education from Alvernia University and is a full-time teacher in the Wilson School District teaching Health, Physical Education, and Dance.
Classes offered for all ages and all levels in:
Reminder: No street shoes in dance studios.
Families can opt to pay by the semester or make monthly payments.
Fall 2021 Payment Schedule
We are looking forward to a great semester of Dance and Fun. Below are a few important details!
For Monthly Payment Families, your total tuition is divided into 4 monthly payments:
- Aug 15 OR time of registration (payment 1 of 4),
- Sept 15 (payment 2 of 4),
- Oct 15 (Recital costume fees only, no tuition payment is due),
- Nov 15 (payment 3 of 4),
- Dec 15 (payment 4 of 4).
**If you just recently registered you will still be subject to “Payment #2” this Wednesday 8/15
- Please keep in mind that draft families must have a card on file or there will be a $5 administrative assessed each month and any balances not cleared by the September 15th date are subject to a $25 late fee.
SHOES ORDERS: Staff will be available to jump into all classes for SHOE SIZING week 1. We will size all students not in the correct shoes, place the order for you, and have the shoes waiting for pick up the following week! All shoes and apparel purchases will be charged to the account on file.
COVID SAFETY POLICIES: Friendly reminder that our Covid 19 Safety Policies are still in place. ALL dancers must remain masked and this includes parents of toddlers that wait in the building as well. We are still encouraging all parents of students 6+ to drop off and pick up or wait outside the building. We just ask that parents be back promptly 5 minutes before the end of class for pick up.
Private Instruction (Updated 9/21/21)
- Private Lesson priority will be given to competition team members with a successful Competition Solo Audition.
- The student must be currently enrolled in the “class” of the same genre/style of the private lesson.
- If the student is not currently a Competition Team member a “Technique Private” may be granted by availability of instructor and studio space.
- A technique private can be constructed to support technique only or incorporate technique, choreography and showmanship but it will not result in a performance. It is strictly a technique based solo to improve skills. Please reach out directly to Ms Jenn to request a technique private at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pricing Information per dancer