#GivingTuesdayNow is a global day of giving and unity that will take place on May 5, 2020 as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19.
A global threat like COVID-19 affects more than just the infected. A pandemic like this touches every person on the planet, and it presents an opportunity to come together as a global community.
Help us continue to connect and enrich our community through the arts.
For 85 years, the Yocum Institute for Arts Education has served as a cultural anchor in and beyond Berks County, PA. With countless off-site programs in schools, libraries, and more, our in-house operations and outreach in the community grow each year. We are doing our best to cope with the impacts of the Coronavirus pandemic but your support is critical now more than ever. We are thoroughly reviewing all of our options, including loans, grants, and other forms of institutional and government support. Funds donated to this campaign will provide us with additional resources to address our immediate needs and allow us to create the structure which will support Yocum through and beyond this uncertain time.
We will continue to engage with our students and community members, staying true to our mission to connect and enrich our community through arts education, creative performance, and innovative programs.
Thank you for doing so much during this exceedingly difficult time on behalf of our beloved Institute. Please only give if you have the means to do so. We have already been more than blessed by the kindness and grace of our community.
Executive Director, Yocum Institute for Arts Education
Why Education In And Through The Arts?
- In 2018, $35,000 in STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS were awarded to students for on-site programming.
- In a continued partnership with Berks Mental Health, the TEEN THEATER SCHOLARSHIP ENSEMBLE performed a piece on teen suicide prevention that has been by seen by over 10,000 middle and high school students and faculty.
- In the 2018-19 academic year 475 3rd and 4th grade students in the Reading School District participated in NEIGHBORHOOD BRIDGES, a critical literacy program, co-taught each week by a teaching artist and the classroom teacher.
- ART GOES TO SCHOOL, a program sponsored by the Yocum Institute and facilitated by trained volunteers, took art appreciation directly into the classroom for 3,800 elementary school students in 2018.
- 89% OF INCOME TO THE YOCUM INSTITUTE goes directly towards program services.
Donations of any size have a big impact.
Here are examples of several ways you can show your support …
- Donate through your retirement account and designate your Required Minimum Distribution as a tax-free gift to the Yocum Institute.
- With a few simple steps, you can direct a small percentage of your Amazon purchases to the Yocum Institute through Amazon Smile.
- Set-up a planned gift to the Yocum Institute through your will or estate plan.
- Many companies match charitable donations made by their employees and, in some cases, also retirees. Contact your employer to determine if your contribution is eligible for a match!
- Become a volunteer
- Sponsor a production
- Contribute to our Scholarship Fund
To learn more contact the Yocum Institute’s Executive Director, Susan Rohn, at 610.376.1576 ext. 203 or SRohn@YocumInstitute.org