Yocum Institute 2022- 2023 Calendar
Fall Session 2022: September 6-November 12 (10 weeks, 9 for Monday classes)
- Labor Day, Monday, September 5: CLOSED
- Columbus Day, Monday, October 10: CLOSED FOR PRESCHOOL | * Open for lessons and classes at 3 pm
Mini Session 2022: November 14-December 17 (5 Weeks)
**Pay special attention to holiday closures when scheduling**
- Thanksgiving: Wednesday, November 23-Monday, November 28: CLOSED
*Open Monday, November 28 for lessons and classes at 3 pm
Winter Break 2023: Friday, December 23 – Monday, January 2: CLOSED
*Open Tuesday, January 3, 2023
- Private Music Instruction starts up again on January 3, 2023
Winter Session 2023: January 16 – March 25 (10 weeks)
- Martin Luther King Day: Monday, January 16 – CLOSED FOR PRESCHOOL | *Open for lessons and classes at 3 pm
- President’s Day, Monday, February 20 – CLOSED FOR PRESCHOOL | *Open for lessons and classes at 3 pm
Spring Break:– CLOSED Thursday, April 6 – Monday, April 10 | *Open Monday, April 10 for lessons and classes at 3 pm
Spring Session 2023: April 3 – June 10 (10 weeks)
Memorial Day: Monday, May 29 – CLOSED | No evening lessons or classes
Summer Session 2023: June 19 – August 12 (8 weeks)
Monday, July 3 & Tuesday, July 4th: CLOSED
Wednesday, September 7, 2022 – May 26, 2023
Discovery begins September 12, 2022
- *Follows the holiday schedule listed above
MUSIC PRIVATE INSTRUCTION | ONGOING SEPTEMBER –JUNE
- September 6 – June 3
- Make-up weeks: June 5 – 17
- Summer Session: June 19 – August 12 (8 weeks)
First semester: September 12-January 15 (15 weeks)
Tentative Recital: January 14/15
MARTIAL ARTS: September 6, 2022-August 31, 2023
General Policies and Procedures
- All tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration. No class enrollment is guaranteed until payment in full is received or a payment plan has been approved by the business office.
- No tuition refunds will be given after the first class is completed.
- There are no discounts on the class fee or prorating for late registrations or time off during a semester or a class session.
- If a class is canceled by the Yocum Institute, the Institute will have sole discretion to reschedule the class or issue a monetary credit for the cancellation.
- Refunds are issued if a course is canceled due to insufficient enrollment unless a credit or transfer is requested by the parent and/or student.
- A $25.00 late fee will be applied to any account for past due balances not received within 5 days of the due date.
- A $35.00 service charge will be issued for any canceled or dishonored check. All costs of collection, including reasonable attorney fees, will be charged for unpaid balances.
- Families who choose to opt out of recurring billing for ongoing classes will have a $5 monthly administrative fee added to accounts.
- Notice to withdraw from a class must be presented in writing. Withdrawal Forms are available at the front desk. Accounts for ongoing billing will continued to be billed until a Withdrawal Form is received. Withdrawals are from the date a form is submitted; they are not retroactive. Families will be responsible for any payments due until the form is received by our office.
- Multiple transfers and/or withdrawals and/or changes to schedules may result in an additional administrative fee.
- The Institute reserves the right to suspend or discontinue any student at any time due to lack of interest, extreme absence, behavior problems, tardiness, delinquency in tuition payments, or parental noncompliance with Institute policies.
- Yocum Institute has a no cancellation policy for private instruction. Our teachers have reserved a specific time for each student and the teacher will be here whether a student attends the lesson or not. Please notify the Institute of all absences.