Yocum Institute 2020- 2021 Calendar
Fall Session 2020: September 8-November 14 (10 weeks, 9 for Monday classes)
● Labor Day, Monday, September 7: CLOSED
● Columbus Day, Monday, October 12: CLOSED FOR PRESCHOOL | * Open for lessons and classes at 3 pm
Mini Session 2020: November 16-December 19 Pay special attention to holiday closures when scheduling
● Thanksgiving: Wednesday, November 25-Monday, November 30: CLOSED
*Open Monday, November 30 for lessons and classes at 3 pm
● DANCE: No classes Tuesday, November 24-Monday, November 30. Classes resume Dec. 1
Winter Break: Thursday, December 23 – Sunday, January 2: CLOSED
*Open Monday, January 3
● Private Music Instruction starts up again on January 3
● DANCE: No classes Tuesday, December 21-Sunday January 2. Classes resume Jan. 3
Winter Session 2021: January 11 – March 20 (10 weeks)
● Martin Luther King Day: Monday, January 18 – CLOSED FOR PRESCHOOL | *Open for lessons and classes at 3 pm
● President’s Day, Monday, February 15 – CLOSED FOR PRESCHOOL | *Open for lessons and classes at 3 pm
Spring Break:– CLOSED Thursday, April 1 – Monday, April 5 | *Open Monday, April 5 for lessons and classes at 3 pm
Spring Session 2021: April 5 – June 12 (10 weeks)
Memorial Day: Monday, May 31 – CLOSED | No evening lessons or classes
Summer Session 2021: June 21 – August 14 (8 weeks)
Wednesday, September 9, 2020 – May 28, 2021
Discovery begins September 13
● *Follows the holiday schedule listed above
MUSIC PRIVATE INSTRUCTION | ONGOING SEPTEMBER –JUNE
● September 8 – May 29
● Make-up weeks: June 1 – 11
● Summer Session: June 21 – August 14 (8 weeks)
First semester: September 8 – January 15 (15 weeks)
Second Semester: February 15 – June 12 (15 Weeks)
Recital Watch Party: June 6, First Energy Stadium
Make-Up Week: June 7-June 12
General Policies and Procedures
- All tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration. No class enrollment is guaranteed until payment in full is received or a payment plan has been approved by the business office.
- No tuition refunds will be given after the first class is completed.
- There are no discounts on the class fee or prorating for late registrations or time off during a semester or a class session.
- If a class is canceled by the Yocum Institute, the Institute will have sole discretion to reschedule the class or issue a monetary credit for the cancellation.
- Refunds are issued if a course is canceled due to insufficient enrollment unless a credit or transfer is requested by the parent and/or student.
- A $25.00 late fee will be applied to any account for past due balances not received within 5 days of the due date.
- A $35.00 service charge will be issued for any canceled or dishonored check. All costs of collection, including reasonable attorney fees, will be charged for unpaid balances.
- Families who choose to opt out of recurring billing for ongoing classes will have a $5 monthly administrative fee added to accounts.
- Notice to withdraw from a class must be presented in writing. Withdrawal Forms are available at the front desk. Accounts for ongoing billing will continued to be billed until a Withdrawal Form is received. Withdrawals are from the date a form is submitted, they are not retroactive. Families will be responsible for any payments due until the form is received by our office.
- Multiple transfers and/or withdrawals and/or changes to schedules may result in an additional administrative fee.
- The Institute reserves the right to suspend or discontinue any student at any time due to lack of interest, extreme absence, behavior problems, tardiness, delinquency in tuition payments, or parental noncompliance with Institute policies.
- Yocum Institute has a no cancellation policy for private instruction. Our teachers have reserved a specific time for each student and the teacher will be here whether a student attends the lesson or not. Please notify the Institute of all absences.