As always, the safety of our students and staff are top priority. In alignment with CDC and State of Pennsylvania, the Yocum Institute is implementing safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, please visit yocuminstitute.org/covid-19 to view our Covid-19 Mitigation Procedures.
Fall Classes Enrolling Now!
About the Music Department:
Yocum Institute offers both classes and private instruction in music. Equipped with 5 private music studios and one large group/performance studio in its music wing, the Institute provides a high level of music education and performance opportunities. Private lessons are offered in brass, strings, percussion, piano, woodwinds and voice.
“Music is the one art we all have inside. We may not be able to play an instrument, but we can sing along or clap or tap our feet.” ~ Fred Rogers
Private instruction begins the week of September 7, 2021.
Registration is open and ongoing through June 2022. Students may register at any time.
Rates: Students are billed monthly for private music instruction.
NON-MEMBERS: $110/mo. (1/2 hr.) | $220/mo. (1 hr.)
MEMBERS: $100/mo. (1/2 hr.) | $200/mo. (1 hr.)
Private lessons are offered in:
- French Horn
- Bass Guitar
- Various Drums
- Bass Clarinet
- E-flat Clarinet
- English Horn
- Spanish Flute
- Great Highland Bagpipes
- Scottish Smallpipes
- Irish Whistle
Students must have an instrument available for daily practice.
REGISTRATION FOR PRIVATE INSTRUCTION
• Enrollment is ONGOING September – June
• ALL Students must register by contacting 610-376-1576 or at the front desk. Once a time and teacher has been confirmed, students will be registered through the front desk and an account will be created on our Parent Portal. Families will be sent instructions about accessing their account.
• Autopayments will then be withdrawn from family accounts on the 1st of each month.
• The front office must be notified of a withdrawal. Automatic billing will continue to occur until a withdrawal notification is received.
• Yocum Institute has a no cancellation policy for private instruction. Our teachers have reserved a specific time for each student and it is held weekly unless a withdrawal is received. Please notify the Institute of all
• Make up lessons and classes are only offered if the Institute cancels due to snow, teacher cancellation, or snow day. There will be no makeups, credits or monetary reimbursement given for student cancellation.
• The Institute reserves the right to suspend or discontinue any student at any time due to lack of interest, extreme absence, behavior, tardiness, delinquency in payments and noncompliance with Institute policies.